Tuesday, August 26, 2008

back to reality x 2

Reality check nr 1. You actually have to study in Chile too..-

after a good weekend it was back to reality yesterday when I had to finish a homework for my "medio ambiente" class, environmental economics. It felt like being straight back at SSE. I didn't understand anything, had to halfguess on the questions and sat until really late. This combined with it being Chile so that I today found out at class that the problemset is due thursday not today and through some questions regarding the problemset I understood half of my responses were wrong and that I have to redo it. Sucks...

Reality Check nr 2. A bit more serious....
I just saw a documentary about US prisonercamps in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo and the way US military treats prisoners of war. Scary. It is called Taxi to the dark side. US military currently has hold around 85 000 prisoners of war in custodyand none of them have yet been put to trail or at least had an initial hearing. They also use interrogation methods that clearly could be seen as torture and not in-line with the Geneva Convention...


1 comment:

Yam said...

Kris!!! Que tal tu primer post en espaƱol???' Estresante????
Ya lo discutiremos...
Muacks.
Yam